Free Kale From Kitchen Duty Now!

Really, it belongs outside playing in the garden.


Kale, a purported food item



A suggested serving



More Kale


Have you tried Kale? I have. There is nothing redeeming about this vegetable's taste. Yes, I have even tried the kale chips. Recipes abound around the internet. This is a very healthy food to eat. Like cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower, kale is part of the Brassica family it is therefore teaming with beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, calcium and it has cancer fighting properties.



I figure if deep frying something fails showcase a vegetable's potential flavour than nothing is going to work. You can even dress it up with lemon and that isn't going to help. It just depresses the lemon.

Kale grows as an unformed head and is thought to be closer to wild cabbage than our domestic cabbages. Well, sure, that makes sense. Here is what Kale is meant to do:


See? Beautiful



Just because something is pretty, doesn't mean we should eat it



Kale, in the garden where it belongs


I am not fond of chocolate. I understand why others like it though and occasionally I will taste something chocolate. But a micro portion is enough to remind me why I don't eat it. It just doesn't do it for me.

Sometimes I think people jump on a food trend because for no other reason, it is suggested this food is trendy. Goat cheese anyone? Seriously, have you even smelled an actual goat? If you have you would recognize the earthy pungency wafting up from the package of goat cheese and you wouldn't eat it.

Or maybe it's just a subjective thing and I'm not tasting it the same way everyone else is. Is there a popular flavour or food you dislike that everyone else you know loves?

7 comments:

Tonya said...

I worked in a restaurant where we used kale as a garnish. That is what kale was meant to do... stay on your plate and look pretty before getting flung under the table.

Frimmy said...

Exactly! It's only purpose is to look pretty dammit!

Angie said...

I blame Rachel Ray. She's the heathen who is convincing everyone to eat that shit.

Melissa said...

I like kale... with stewed tomatoes, garlic, herbs -- it's good...

I used to make a kale dish for my oldest when he was 2 and he loved it. It involved brown rice, onion and spices.

Cooked properly, it's really good. Do you like mustard greens? It's an acquired taste but worth the effort if so inclined.

But it also makes a great garnish ;-)

Noelle said...

My husband puts it in a soup like Emeril Laggassi's mom used to make. It's ok there because there is sausage and all kinds of other yummy things to blend with. It is a nice garnish because it's sturdy it has a nice long life on a hot plate. Occasionally we have a guest who eats it.
Those are really pretty pictures of someone yard.

Noelle said...

I don't meet anyone who doesn't like chocolate very often.

Frimmy said...

I dunno, maybe if it were in a soup...I might tolerate it. But look at this and notice how long this lover of kale took to reach the word "delicious":

I use kale a lot in my cooking and I usually pick up a bunch or two when I’m at the store. It’s packed with vitamins and other nutrients. I like to use it raw in green smoothies or cook into soups or stews like my Lentils and Brown Rice dish. If kale is too tough for your palate, try eating it as crispy chips. Besides being a very healthy snack, it’s way easier than making potato chips yourself. Try it out, they’re delicious and super crunchy!

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.