Guess What This Is...




Did you know you can actually see a little Lincoln on the Lincoln Memorial penny? Crazy!













The Lincoln cent used from 1959 to 2008. Click to enlarge




FG is for the late Frank Gasparro the Chief Engraver of the United States Mint from February 23, 1965 to January 16, 1981. He also engraved the Susan B Anthony dollar and considered that coin his top achievement even though he came up with his own design, not used, shown below.











His design for the dollar shows a flowing Liberty on the front and an eagle in flight on the back.

4 comments:

Copacetic Daisy said...

Now that's pulling a blog topic right out of your pocket.

Frimmy said...

I know right? Literally!

Angie said...

I always thought that was pretty cool, that little Lincoln Memorial.

Frimmy said...

My son told me about that and I didn't believe him. I found a Lincoln penny and looked at it and didn't see it. I had to get a magnifying glass! I wonder if our coins have hidden details like that.

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.