Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rocks

Someday when I grow up and learn how to take pictures I'll show you some of my rock collection.


I don't want to brag but I have a chunk of geode that's way nicer than this bunch of random, or free form, amethyst crystals



Malachite - one of my favourite rocks to hold. It's velvety and is heavier than it looks



Rutile on hematite. Rutile is a common accessory mineral in high-temperature and high-pressure metamorphic rocks and igneous rocks.



So the rutile is inside the rock here. It's like the rock got shot with a molten thread which was captured forever when it solidified. Like a snapshot of chaos, sorta



Right now I'm excited to go to the Calgary Gem Show. I wouldn't mind pricing some specimens similar to what I have just to get an idea of their value.

No comments: