Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Asterigerinacea

In my attempt to avoid composing a post about Steve Jobs, who died today, I decided to do a random search of wikipedia pages and write about what I caught. Well, I caught "Asterigerinacea"

That pretty much describes the kind of luck I have.

Further on Asterigerinacea, wiki writes:

Asterigerinacea is a superfamily of foraminifera included in the order Rotaliida.[1] It is a rather new group in terms of its recognition having been proposed by Loeblich and Tappan ca. 1988 and is formed by combining three families[2] previously included in other rotaliid superfamlies.[3] These are the Episomariidae and Asterigerinidae which had been included in the Discorbacea and the Amphisteginidae which was included in the Orbiotoidacea




What...I just...what?!

Steve Jobs died today after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He was fifty-six. He was an innovator some would put up there with Thomas Edison and Walt Disney. iTunes was his invention and of course as the co founder of Apple he has a long line of ground breaking computer and computer related inventions with his name on the patent, most of which were designed for people like you and me. Actually I don't know who you are but for sure they were designed for me.

I liked that he kept his personal life private and granted interviews only within the context of Apple and furthering knowledge of their products.

Fifty-six is far too young to have your life cut short especially when you're someone who contributes positively to society. It's perfectly fine if you're fifty-six and on death row for heinous crimes against humanity. Then fifty-six is too old to be still alive actually.

I didn't know Steve Jobs. I have no right to eulogize him. "No one wants to die," he said in a commencement speech at Stanford University in 2005. "And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it." Except for a scattered few celebrities who are vampires. Too bad Travolta is still here and he isn't.

RIP Mr. Jobs and thank you for the iPhone. I like it. It works swell. I also got a kick out of your ads.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm the only person I know who doesn't care much about Steve Jobs either way but I would much rather hear about him than that shit you found on Wikipedia. Was that written in English?

Frimmy said...

That was something, wasn't it? I've never in my life seen so many English words strung together in a sentence where not even ONE of them shed any light on what the hell the sentence was explaining. I can't even narrow down what area of the world it's talking about. Absolutely no clue. Which is what I mean when I say I have that kind of luck.

So I gave up and wrote about Steve Jobs anyway.

Tonya said...

Loved the segue too. That was very funny. I have no idea whether asteretcetera is an animal, mineral, or vegetable.