Pointy Toes & Buckles

I have a list of subjects I think would make interesting posts and Tom Waits was on the list, but then Crabbie posted a video by Tom Waits a while ago and I wouldn't want him to think I lurk at his site for blog ideas so I've delayed this a bit. I'd like to point out that Crabbie inspired my Engelbert posts. Thank you Crabbie.

Anyway while I listened to the video he posted I opened a tab and did an image search on Tom Waits. Daniel Durchholz has described Waits's voice as sounding "like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car". I laughed, and it's true but have you ever taken a look at his footwear? The same description could be applied to them. Now for your viewing curiosity, and for my complete amusement because it's a slow, cold, rainy day, the bourbon soaked, smokehouse, ran over by a car, boots of Tom Waits.



If I knew nothing about this man, his shoes would tell me that he could not care less what you think of him. Do I obsess about footwear in real life? Hell no. I have noticed that Keanu Reeves also wears his boots into the ground and he doesn't give a shit about what anyone thinks either. I guess I notice because these two can AFFORD to have new shoes every day and choose not to. Why? Because a broken in pair of boots totally own brand new no matter what you can afford.




He loves the pointy toe, buckle leprechaun look. He's a ginger too I think, isn't he? Hmm...




I will never be able to believe that voice comes out of this face. I believe it, but it's a delightful kind of madness and it shocks me every time I see him and then hear him speak.









...and he looks like a skinny orangutan.


I actually like the less pointy toe, buckle boot and would kill for a couple of the ones he's wearing. Does he have a motorcycle? Does Crabbie?






I'm seeing less of an edge to the footwear as he ages.



He's going with more comfortable BDSM boots in his later years which when I think about it is an oxymoron. Comfortable BDSM.... I believe I have this pair or something very similar.

8 comments:

Noelle said...

I judge a lot on footwear. Probably not fair.

"I'm not looking down I'm studying your feet." It's gets really fun when seasons change.

Angie said...

I like guys that don't give a shit about what you think of their shoes, their jeans, their hair. They are just guys, like it or lump it.

I like how you keep mentioning Crabbie. Are you trying to summon the genie, Frim?

Frimmy said...

I'm the same way, Angie.

Mentioning Crabbie...I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't mention Crabbie.

Tonya said...

Crabbie? Who is this Crabbie you speak of?


So, have you seen any monkeys ripping peoples faces off lately?

Frimmy said...

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that I think Waits looks like a monkey AND I was able to find a pic of one looking like him so easily.

I think Angie has a thing for some persona named Crabbie.

"Trying to summon the genie" Hah! You spelled genius wrong, Angie.

Tonya said...

He knows the more he ignores you the more you want him. Crabbie knows the way to a woman's heart: studious indifference.

Angie said...

Sometimes, wearing boots makes me Crabbie. It's difficult to find a pair that fit properly.

There are times when I want someone to show up, I just talk some really bad shit on them. It never fails.

Have I mentioned how Crabbie I am today?

Frimmy said...

Caterpillars never, never NEVER, wear brown boots?

I'm sorry you're Crabbie, Angie, maybe I should post something about monkeys ripping off people's faces.

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.