Fake nails


Excuse me, but I think your nails are infected. You might want to get some meds for that.

My, these are practical!
Cheap crystal thingys aren't going to be falling off and contaminating anyone's food.


I have come to dislike fake nails. If you have them, I'm sure they look lovely and you take good care of them. Unfortunately, they've been ruined for me.

I can't grow fingernails. I have a job that forbids it and even if I didn't I would have to pamper my hands every moment of the day to preserve my fingernails. My nails are lovely when I have done this but I learned I cannot live that way. I need to be doing something with my hands. I can't even sit still long enough for nail polish to dry.

I work in a place that has a drive thru. We see lots of vehicles in the course of a day. We see upwards of 160 an hour some mornings. If a woman is driving it is probable that she is wearing fake nails. It's what women do around here, I guess. Sadly, I have seen too many woman who look like this:


Driving cars that look like this:


Wearing nails that look like this:


For me to EVER take fake nails seriously as a beautiful cosmetic enhancement again.

I choose life. Being able to live it and live it with credibility, that is.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever see those ladies with the crazy long nails? Need a pencil to dial the phone crazy long nails? Ewwwwww....Question, how do you wash your hair, button a shirt, INSERT A TAMPON FOR GAWDSAKES????

Just...ewwwwww.

Ann

Angie said...

I had fake nails years ago and they damaged my nail bed so badly, I still have ridges in them. One of my biggest regrets.

Frimmy said...

I have come to love the look of short, natural well kept nails. To me they are beautiful even with imperfections because they're real.

JustMe said...

Again, are we ever going to find something other than our dislike of Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum? Lol I wear fake nails.Up until a few months ago but I was just thinking I was going to get them done for the holidays. and keep them up again. I have worn them for years. Love them. I have never had an issue with infection. I know people do, but I never did. I don't like them real long or do I like all the air brush stuff. I like them to look plain. Oh and short enough that they don't interfere with the keyboard.

Frimmy said...

Well my main concern is most of the ones I see are gaudy and cheap looking. If I was to pick the least hideous it would be the original French manicure style with shorter lengths. It's just my perspective probably. Women who clearly don't give a damn about the rest of their appearance seem to think plastering fake nails on will make up for it. They aren't the ones going with natural looking nails either.

Aggie said...

The ones in the second picture are appallingly bad and some of them are already lifting.

I've had fake nails a few times. They were nice. I went to school to become a nail tech and made it about halfway through before EmoBoy's grandmother stopped watching him and I had to quit. I didn't understand then in the 90s why women paid so much for these things but whatever, I suppose. My BFF makes a comfortable living doing nothing but eyelash extensions. And yes, if I lived closer I'd be her best customer so who am I to judge? So then, why am I even commenting here? Well, that's a good question, isn't it? Carry on then.

Frimmy said...

Well how is this for hypocrisy...I have had eyelash extensions and I would have them again in a second if someone around here could be relied on to apply them properly.

I have never done anything else for myself that made me feel pretty right out of bed. I don't even need them.

So now I willingly accept whatever ridicule I am due.

Angie said...

I thought about trying Latisse, but am afraid my eyes will turn brown.

Noelle said...

Ugly and gawdy pictures. I don't like them don't wear them however if I ever become rich enough to never have to do anything but hold my own cocktail and cigarette I might.

Frimmy said...

I had to google Latisse. May cause permanent brown discoloration of the iris?!! Not that brown eyes are not beautiful, they're just not me. That's weird.

Aggie said...

That scared me off Latisse too. I have pathetic eyelashes. Just sad... all thin and short and pale red. I'm a whiz at putting on falsies but I'd give anything to have them permanent. Maybe once I go back to work...

Aggie said...

I do have to say that brown eyes are my favorite color. I wouldn't mind having them but changing my eye color just for lashes? Ummm, no.

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.