Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hsin-Yao Tseng

Trompe l'oeil is a form of art intended to fool the eye and is used to help the brain perceive that something is better than what it is. In French, it literally means "deceive the eye".

A niche. I love that word. And look, the pear, it is escaping!


I've seen examples of Trompe l'oeil in model homes decorated by builders to sell his homes. I have been known to tour a few of these for decorating ideas when I know I'm in no danger of falling into a depression after coming face to face with what I can't afford to own.



I like the whimsy of this. Yes it rendered with excruciating realism but on the other hand can liquid hang sideways on the planet Earth and not spill?
Art with a sense of humour is so appealing to me.

These trompe l'oeil examples are by Hsin-Yao Tseng. Hsin-Yao Tseng was born in Taipei, Taiwan in 1986 in Taiwan and is currently studying at the Academy of Art University, San Francisco majoring in fine art painting. He is very good.








Self portrait


Hsin-Yao Tseng, for realz

Check out his web site here.

1 comment:

Aggie said...

Finally a French word I know how to pronounce. Thank you Art 101 instructor!!!