Monday, November 14, 2011

Living Art - Alexa Meade

Painted Man on Subway

Alexa Meade is an installation artist who uses acrylic paint to make living objects appear as art in real world settings. It kind of messes with our perception. She's using paint on a real subject to make them look like a painting. It's fascinating.


Wait!! You're a painting man! You can't just leave!


Drunken Sleepy Woman...


...sitting in a gallery looking back at the people looking at her!



Fanny Pack Man with Real Camera


Woman in Blue Dress...


...posing with the artist. Notice the lower half of this model is all real world.


I would just like to have any artistic talent at all. More Alexa Meade art here.

4 comments:

Angie said...

This fascinated me. I would love to encounter this, but I fear if I did, I would just follow the subject around and it might get creepy.

Aggie said...

That was amazingly fascinating to me too. I'm with Angie. I'd be all "How you do that?"

Noelle said...

Very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Would love to see this in person.

Ann.