Sponge Toffee...

...is not nearly as good as I remember it.



I don't know why I liked it as a kid.  Because it was sugar?  Anyway if I eat too much, and that isn't much, it does weird things to my tongue.  Did it do that when I was a kid too?  I don't remember.   Maybe I didn't notice.



Canadians have a Crunchie Bar which is chocolate covered sponge toffee.  I don't mind that and it's the rare occasion where I feel chocolate inproves something.  Still, I didn't really notice I didn't like the toffee until I ate it alone this past week.  

The older I get the more I eat like an old person.  Pretty soon I'll be ordering a small, black, decaf coffee, regular untoasted egg salad sandwiches (and complain about how hard the bun is) and old fashion plain donuts at Tim Hortons.

7 comments:

A-Gran said...

I've never had or seen sponge toffee before today.

I remember old fuckers like you from when I worked at McDonald's. You all wanted decaff coffee (And it was NEVER hot enough) and then a cheeseburger or filet of fish. No fries. Dessert was always an ice cream cone. Vanilla. You bland bitch.

Frimmy said...

We don't take anything in our coffee because that would cool it down too much and it's still not hot enough!!

A-Gran said...

How have you lived this long with your esophagus still intact?

Anonymous said...

That sponge toffee pulls the filings right out of your teeth.

Ann

Frimmy said...

A-Gran: seriously, it's disgustingly corrosive.

Ann: I think I may have done just that because even though it's disgusting and corrosive I continued to eat it because it was there.

Frimmy said...

When I worked at Mac's I noticed that the people who ordered filet o fish also ordered orange or root beer most of the time.

Frimmy said...

When I worked at Mac's I noticed that the people who ordered filet o fish also ordered orange or root beer most of the time.

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.