=) =) =) & The Dentist

It's my coffee, and it's happy to see me


I don't often talk about work.  Stressful work days happen no matter what job you have.  You run into the same drama that unfolds in any group environment and all jobs have their upsides and downsides.  For the most part, I love my job.  Things are going to be changing with my job as well but that's OK, I don't mind change. In fact I'm one of those people who thinks change is good.

I had a stressful period of time up until about a month ago when I jettisoned some junk out of my life and now I'm pretty happy with my day to day.  

I had a dentist appointment today and I need a bite guard at night because it seems I clench my teeth and I have tooth damage as a result.  Whatever, I think dental education has improved so much in the last several decades that maybe dentists need to create work to keep their families in the lifestyle to which they are accustomed. I do in fact have damage at the gum line, so they're not scamming me on that. 

When you clench your teeth it causes your teeth to flex at the gum line and if it's a bad habit or something you do during your sleep, your teeth will pay for it over the long term.  It also causes you to have headaches when you wake up in the morning and I can't tell you how often my day has begun with a headache.  So if this works, I will forgive all dentists and their instruments of torture. Except for Dr. Perisi who will never be forgiven. Nine year old kids should not be made to endure having huge cavities in their molars filled without anesthetic and he yelled at me for squirming. Yeah, I was squirming.  I was in pain, idiot!  He is the reason I have an unholy fear of dentistry and if it weren't for the fact that I'm afraid of dentures more, I'd never go back to one.  Nothing can adequately replace your real teeth.

So two things today. First, at the reception desk, while I was signing for my dental work, the receptionist said that she has never seen a bite guard turned down by the insurance company with whom I have coverage through work.  That's $350 dollars just for the guard. No charge. I also pay less into the insurance because of the length of time I've been there and because I'm management.  So thank you to my bosses for that, I really appreciate it.

Second, I slept badly and woke up with a headache so after my procedures, I decided to go through my drive-thru and get a big coffee with three espresso shots.  We are required to mark each lid indicating the beverage and it's individual modification but I didn't get a "L3C/3XES" on my coffee.  The above picture is the lid of my coffee with smiles drawn on by my staff.  Have I mentioned how much I like my staff? Our Monday to Friday day shift staff are just the best people.  Thanks for making my day.

1 comments:

A-Gran said...

This post made me smile all the way through. :D

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.