Friday the 13th

So what?

In Italian popular culture, Friday the 17th is considered a day of bad luck. In fact Wiki says that in Italy, 13 is generally considered a lucky number.  Interesting note here, the citation included in the text for this sentence in wiki was [13]. I kid you not. They're messing with you. Hahaha!!! Check it out.

Well, I'm with Italy. I was born on the 13th, had a few birthdays on a Friday, and I can tell you it's the same as any other day.

There are so many random unlucky things in this world we should start forgetting about respecting superstitions and start flouting them.

Are you superstitious? Are there some things you can't bring yourself to do, like walk under a ladder?

4 comments:

iambriezy said...

I won't lie. When a black cat crosses my path, I'm a little scared. And due to a neighbor who has a black outdoor cat, it happens like once a week. I often wonder if that damn cat waits till it sees my car to cross the street. Wouldn't surprise me...cats are assholes.

A-Gran said...

I always get out of bed with my right foot. I heard somewhere as a kid that you'd start the day off right that way and it's ingrained now.

Frimmy said...

An Italian staff member told me today that a cat crossing your path is good luck there. Lol

Angie said...

Anyone else think Briezy is a pansy?

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.