Gramma Graffiti Comes to My Town



I've seen pictures of this kind of thing all over the internet.  Persons unknown adorn city fixtures like bike racks and trees and sometimes entire buses with crocheted or knitted bits.  Gramma graffiti, yarn storming or yarn bombs are a few of the names I've seen.  This was taken by me, today, in my town.  It was well done.

For more pics and advertised yarn bomb times, check out this site and this one.

Here are some more examples:










Anything that adds a splash of colour and whimsy to a dreary and serious cityscape is fine by me.  Although the bus might be a bit much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the most awesome thing I have seen today.

But also makes me feel bad. I can't even knit a scarf.

Ann

Frimmy said...

When I return to Ontario next, we will get together and I'll teach you some crochet. We can yarn bomb something and visit the Glass & Clay Museum over by the Perimeter Institute (and get pictures for DD) and go for schnitzel at the Metro.

Sound like a plan? Unlike traveling on the Blue Train, this trip could actually happen!

Anonymous said...

Your on sister!!!! Crochet I vaguely recall from my childhood and I seem to remember it being much easier to accomplish than knitting.

Yarn bomb, is about as gangster as I will ever get.

Ann

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.