Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tilda Swinton - Girl Crush

Tilda Swinton eyes go boom!

Tilda Swinton is approximately 5'11" tall. Tall comes before breathing on my list of top five physically desirable attributes. Usually male is in the top five but for The Swinton I make an exception. Tilda is an exception. She can often be found with very little makeup and usually no mascara which makes her beauty stark and natural.

She has an androgynous style and appearance and sometimes reminds me of Bowie in his Ziggy Stardust days.  

Her current hair colour is the same tone as her skin and it gives her almost a monochromatic look if it weren't for those popping emerald green eyes.

She has a capricious sense of style with which the girls at Go Fug Yourself have endless fun and where they refer to her simply as "SWINTON" in all caps because she is completely unapologetic and unimpressed with conventional style.  She is not 'fug' she is SWINTON and her style is SWINTONIAN. Yes. Yes it is.


Still from "I Am Love".  Classic beauty.  Nailed.

One of the other things to love about Tilda Swinton is that she is flat out an excellent actress. She draws me in. She parades a multitude of emotions across the landscape of her face. Every gesture and mannerism is deeply meaningful.  She tells a story without saying a word.  She played the White Witch in Narnia but she played it SWINTONLY, making dreadlocks something lovely to behold and the movie was better for having her in it. Not much better, but definitely better.  

While I've always admired her, I think I fell head over heels when I saw her in I Am Love. Yummy. It was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film in 2010 and if you haven't seen it, do so. It comes "wholeheartedly endorsed" by Crabbie and that's a definitive Can't Miss! in my opinion. (if you head over to the link, please ignore the stupid comments by some ditz named Frimmy.  I don't know who he or she is but he or she sounds like an idiot)

Even beautiful as a clown.

Wow...just...wow.  See her fingernails?  Natural!  I have nails like that!

Why no colour to the eyelashes?  I don't know but it works for her and therefore it works for me looking at her.  It doesn't work for me personally because the only thing I have going for me is my eye lashes you can bet I play them up big time.  BIG TIME.

Tilda is older than me which also endears her to me because there aren't many who are.  Her mother was Australian and her father was Scottish. You can't wrap up two more delightful nationalities into one person better than that. Don't even try. Well, unless you're a couple who are Australian and Scottish.

She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her performances in The Deep End and We Need to Talk About Kevin. She won the 2007 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for Michael Clayton.

Swinton lives in Nairn, overlooking the Moray Firth in the Highland region of Scotland. Scotland, people!! She continues to be perfect even in where she chooses to live. Have you seen Nairn? It's God's country.......Sorry, I was lost in an image search of Moray Firth there for a bit. I'm back. *adds visiting Moray Firth to bucket list*

She graduated from Cambridge University with a degree in Social and Political Sciences. While at Cambridge, she joined the Communist Party. That makes her an honourable Canadian cuz you know we're all communist up here with our socialized medical care!

Tilda, I love you. I love you in a hetero girl crush kind of way.  I might be tempted to bat for the other side if you were going to be on that team.  I'd bat clean up because I dreamed I was Fred McGriff one time and that was his position.  Tilda, it's a good thing we don't know each other because if you knew me, you would be confused by my sporting/lesbian references because you would know how much I dislike sports so it doesn't mesh with what I'm saying.  So just know that I adore you and just take it at face value.

7 comments:

A-Gran said...

LOVE HER!

And love that you're willing to kiss e-cigarettes. I taste like vanilla mint.

Frimmy said...

AND you have red hair and a boisterous laugh...it could work

Heidi said...

Wow, she is 52! Very good genes. I love her too.

A-Gran said...

I like how unconventional she is. She's married but she and her husband both have "sweethearts."

Noelle said...

She is a remarkable actress. I'd do lunch.

Anonymous said...

She had me until the communist party mention. Sorry....grandchild of Russian immigrants that fled Communist Russia.....points lost.

Otherwise, she is perfection isn't she?

Ann

MuserMommy said...

She is simply exquisite. Nothing more needs to be said.