Wednesday, June 13, 2012

All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I've linked this entire post to a page that made me laugh tonight. Overkill, I know. Maybe it was my mood. Maybe because a crowd of people refused to leave and made the restaurant look full and bustling. Maybe because another crowd of people showed up at ten minutes to closing tonight with huge orders and also stayed. Maybe it was the loud-mouthed, former employee who felt the need tell me in great detail that she had an emergency C-section and would have died, she and the baby, but was released a day after having this surgery (as IF!), and then outlining for me the entire extent of her stitches and staples and yada yada miracle baby yada yada he's perfect and I had to listen to that shit like I cared? Or maybe it was the EMS guys who arrived after closing and pushed on the locked doors until they opened, because they weren't locked properly, came in and waited expectantly for someone to take their order. And then someone unlocked the doors and let a cop in. Why? Because he had a gun. I dunno. I felt my sanity give a little. I'm going to get a scotch and play a little. Come with me. 

19 comments:

Noelle said...

Story of my life closing often doesn't really means closed. I think of it this way; Your time is my money (paid hourly) and I'm generating revenue for a man (that I like.)

Did I make it worse? Your salary and you work for THE MAN. (a corporation) If this is the case drink more scotch. chink.

Frimmy said...

I like my boss and it's a very good salary but not working past eleven for freaks who can't go without coffee, kind of good. And the goddam drive thru is open 24/7 so it's not like they couldn't get whatever they wanted there! Get the hell out and let me go home for god's sake.

Angie said...

My question is how do these people drink coffee at 11pm and still sleep?

Anonymous said...

Do you yell "The Dining Room is closed!" so they will leave?

Are you allowed?

Ann

Frimmy said...

No but if *I* had locked the doors they wouldn't have been opened by anyone again. We had a functioning drive thru which is open 24/7. It's not like they couldn't get their coffee.

Can I just tell you how much I hate making the iced beverages? I hate them. We all hate them. I just wanted to share.

Frimmy said...

@Angie: I used to be able to drink caffeinated beverages at any time of the day. Maybe they are gifted like that. It will catch up to them. Oh yes. It will catch up.

Tonya said...

boy.

Tonya said...

dull

Tonya said...

a

Tonya said...

Jack

Tonya said...

makes

Tonya said...

play

Tonya said...

no

Tonya said...

and

Tonya said...

work

Tonya said...

All

Frimmy said...

See? Tonya got it!

Hïro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frimmy said...

Why did you remove that? It was the right answer!