Monday, June 25, 2012

Plitvice Lakes National Park

First off, this is nowhere in Canada so you Canada haters can just back the bus up and keep your jealuz hatr comments to yourselves. This is Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia. The water is crystal clear. There are many photos, in google images, of fish swimming in pristine water but meh, fish are fish. Unless they're jumping out onto land and ambulating to the nearest camp ground for fresh meat, who wants to see pictures of them?

These lakes are jewel coloured and can change hues depending on what mineral particulate is in the water at the time. Much like the jewel coloured lakes and rivers where I live. The steppes were created layer by layer over the course of time and are composed of calcium, bacteria and plant matter which turns into travertine, a kind of limestone. We have that here too. Michaelangelo chose travertine as the material for the external ribs of the dome of St Peter's Basilica. But enough about that.

Let's just look at the pretty pictures and imagine restful forest sounds combined with nature's white noise - waterfalls. Let's forget about how many days in a row we've worked and how burned out we're feeling. Let's just relaaaaax.

















11 comments:

iambriezy said...

Oh my. That is pretty. Can you swim in these lakes?

Tonya said...

Oh my Gawd, that's prettier than Canada!

FUCK YOU SO HARD, CROATIA!!!!

Anonymous said...

Siiiigh. Really, all I want is to be left alone.

Ann

(how do you find this stuff anyway? google - most gorgeous scenery on earth?)

Frimmy said...

All the pictures I've seen of this place, and I've seen a lot over the the last year or two, I've only ever seen a person canoeing.

Ann, I don't have a life. I have various places on the internet I check out daily, or I'll be reading a book and it will be mentioned and I'll google it. It's one of the reasons I like actual books. I write in the margins a lot and circle words I like or don't know and underline stuff I want to learn more about.

I should google most gorgeous scenery and see what I get

Tonya said...

You'd get a picture of my cleavage.

Frimmy said...

Crocs cancel out your cleavage as beautiful scenery.

Noelle said...

WOW!

Frimmy said...

@Briezy: Swimming is forbidden in the lakes as they are also a reservoir for drinking water.

Anonymous said...

HA at Tonya's desperate attempt to get us all to admire her cleavage.

Ann

Frimmy said...

I also have cleavage. Her boobs don't impress me much. Beautiful, lower obliques impress me however a tall non-smoking, scotch drinker need not have them.

Frimmy said...

You know what else doesn't impress me? Chris Hemsworth's latest pictures in GQ. Blah.