Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pop(ping) Art by Yuki Matsueda

It's time once again for meet the artist. Yuki Matsueda is our feature today. She is a sculptor and her work is literally pop art.


These are all sculptures that explode off their bases

Leaving their imprint behind


I laughed at this one. I'm not sure if I was supposed to

This is what I imagined all stick figures do when we aren't looking


I love these. They're all bisected diagonally where the red line was


Seems so much more sobering as a caution sign.

Isn't this what alarm clocks seem to do when they go off?

I gotta laugh. I love art that inspires laughter

Born in Ibaraki, Japan, 1980, Yuki has a degree in arts from Tokyo University of the Arts and a Ph.D. in Design, 2010

Yuki Matsueda

So many great minds out there and none of them in wiki!

She does a lot of other things and you can see them if you visit her web site here

3 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

very cool! :)

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday, Girlcrush!

Jim Cavallone said...

he*:D
He is amazing ;D