Bonsoir Paris - Melting Wood Art

It's called Duramen actually. It means heartwood. Bonsoir Paris (Goodnight Paris) is the design team of Rémy Clémente and Morgan Maccari. They do all kinds of sculpture but what I'm featuring here is their work using wood.

They carve in a way that makes it look like it's melting. If you follow my art posts you know that I love it when an artist creates a work that has a surprise behind it. In this case I love they they have created something that looks fluid from something that is anything but fluid as well as something that gives the illusion of being dynamic and, again, fluid, while being made from something rigid.

I love that this piece is two separate components





Is it wrong to imagine melting toffee?







Bonsoir Paris's website is here.

0 comments:

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.