Monday, August 13, 2012

I Have Dragonflies

I love dragon flies. I don't go around collecting dragonfly stuff but I love having them around. Since they arrived, I haven't really been bothered by mosquitoes. Is there a connection?

I apologize, I'm not a photographer, this was the first time with a camera I found downstairs. It had a macro setting so I pounced. Well, it had what I wanted AND I found the cable too. 

This guy was checking me out while I took pictures of the others.

It seemed as curious about me as I was about it.


This guy just kept posing and posing

This is his X-Wing pose

Pink body, blue eyes and phlox

Pink iridescent colour


Red

Blurry but it shows the pink iridescence I'm talking about

How many do you see?

Oh hi!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

MOSQUITO QUESTIONS!!!

Yes, dragonflies are a major predator of mosquitoes. They also eat other pest insects. They're a good beneficial insect to encourage.

Angie said...

I see four! And I wish I had them around my house :)