Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm Suzy Homemaker and I'm Going To Have Tomatoes This Year

I've been really busy lately but today and tomorrow are my days off. The other managers are back working so I have a break. I've been working in the kitchen when I haven't been sleeping my life away. Last night I went to bed at 6:30 and slept until 7:30. Crazy. I'm catching up on lost sleep so that's good. So here's what my tomato plants are looking like.

Beautiful Long Boob tomatoes! 

Regular shaped tomatoes

Sorry for the creepy shadows, pay attention to the colours!

Stuffed green peppers are one of my faves

All cooked

With garlic chives from my garden!

Peach almond galette

Galette is the name for a rustic pie where "rustic pie" means "I don't feel like rolling out dough and making the usual kind of formal pie"

Remember these?

They gave their lives for this - Sour Cherry Pie

I'd include recipes but you would all just ignore them. What have you been up to lately?

6 comments:

Angie said...

Your tomatoes look ever so promising! What will you do with them? The pie looks wonderful as well, but I'm not a fan of cherry pie, so I'll just say that it's pretty and trust that it tastes delicious.

I've been spending time with my granddaughter and squeezing in a little wedding prep here and there. You know, the usual :)

Frimmy said...

I didn't expect any tomatoes and I've never had this many so I have no idea what I'm going to do. I was thinking if I had enough to can that I would ask you for some help with that because your mac n cheese n tomato dish sounds heavenly.

Tonya said...

Oh, Frimmy! That looks so delicious!!!

Tonya said...

How can someone not like cherry pie? You're dead to me, Canary.

Frimmy said...

Cherry is my all time favourite fruit flavour for anything. I don't understand how someone can not like cherry but I don't mind because more for us, Tonya.

Tonya said...

I'll bring the french vanilla ice cream.