Monday, September 3, 2012

Painting + Sculpture = Magic - Shintaro Ohata

Shintaro Ohata is an artist who uses paintings with sculpture to depict the mundane in a magical way. Ordinary scenes like stores at night, city roads after the rain and city skylines at dusk or dawn. Many people looking at his works assume there is some kind of light source in the work but there isn't. He's just that good at capturing something ethereal.

Check out more of his work here.












I love this one. The light being reflected on the puddle is blinding but it's painted light



Shintaro Ohata

What surprises me every time with artists is they often do not have their own website and there are very few images of the artist him or herself to be found. I guess they just want to be left alone to create. I don't blame them, really. I like to be able to show you the person behind the art. The face that goes with the name that created such beauty.

No comments: