Friday, September 28, 2012

The Lad's Antics

A brief while ago I posted this picture...


...which was done to me by the Lad and is a reenactment of a demotivational poster. Good prank. I laughed. The other day I was looking at random images on the internet and found this picture...


...which was a variation on the toilet paper prank. The Lad laughed when I showed him and I said; "Hah! At least I can count on not finding this in the bathroom! It requires too much work!" First, I go to bed early, much earlier than the Lad. He needs less sleep than I do and he puts himself to bed when it's time. Second I wake up a lot during the night to visit the loo. So, on one of these visits, I found this:

Why yes, that IS a map in the magazine holder.
You got a problem with that?

At first it was my peripheral brain functions that noticed the sticky note on the TP. I thought maybe he had pulled the 'double empty' on me again. He has been known to work the same joke to death. But no, he actually carved a hole through the entire roll of TP. Took him several minutes. Using a steak knife. I'm sure he was cackling madly the whole time. I went down stairs to applaud his latest effort and we had a great laugh and he hugged me and told me he loved me. So yeah, all around a perfect moment.

5 comments:

Angie said...

I'd give anything for a son like him :) He truly loves you and the way he goofs with you? Priceless!

Anonymous said...

You two will still be cackling about this stuff 30 years from now. Trust me. :D

Ann

Tonya said...

I can't tell you how much this made me smile and miss my own lad. Touching.

Frimmy said...

Your lad and my lad would relate in a lot of ways.

We have a lot of fun. We always have.

iambriezy said...

I couldn't possibly love this more.