Today Is International Mousse Day

I bet you were expecting chocolate, eh?
I don't like chocolate. That is all. [lets pour]

It seems I missed International Lemon Creme Pie by one day. Today we will combine our semi-regular International [random food] Day with our semi-regular French Word of the Day/Learning French with Frimmy. I really could have squeezed out two posts with this but meh, tomorrow is my Monday.

In French, mousse is pronounced: moosss with a long drawn out 's'. The emphasized 's' represents "style". [I made that up]

In English we say: moos

We don't draw out the 's' sound because we don't have time for that crap.

Mousse means froth or foam. Therefore any foam is a mousse and that includes soap lather, foam hair care products, champagne bubbles, beer head or even fire extinguishing foams ie; mousse au carbonique. Yum! 

If you want to qualify what type of mousse you mean it will be understood in the context of your sentence or you can say: mousse au chocolat, as in 'mousse au chocolat is not my favourite flavour'.

FINE! Here is your mousse au chocolat! Happy now?

Here is a recipe for Frozen Chocolate Mint Mousse which is simplicity itself with four ingredients and which even I will eat mostly because I love mint, sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream.

Ingredients

1      can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)

2/3   cup chocolate flavored syrup

3/4   teaspoon peppermint extract

1      cup whipping cream, whipped. (real whipping cream, not cool whip or the stuff from the aerosol cans)

Directions

Combine sweetened condensed milk, syrup and extract in a large bowl and mix well.

Fold in whipped cream.

That's it.

Cover and freeze 24 hours. Serve anyway you want, I recommend a spoon and the original bowl. Return any leftovers to the freezer. As if there will be any left overs.

0 comments:

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.