Game of Thrones


I've been catching up on Game of Thrones. A friend of mine gave me a link to Project Free TV which not only has free TV shows and movies to stream, I can actually watch it from MY country!! So, piss off Hulu, winter is coming.

I just finished Downton Abbey and I'll be heading somewhere else after this. Dr. Who maybe? I dunno yet. Or! The Academy award nominated movies! It's not too late is it?

I started watching Mad Men. It pissed me off. One because I'm old enough to remember the maddening attitudes men had about women, women had about other women and what was expected of women like my mother, grandmother and aunts and it pisses me off to relive it and two, I absolutely loathe cigarettes. I felt like I was getting a headache just watching all the smoking. And that's pretty much all Mad Men is - chauvinism and cigarettes. It might have been my mood at the time and it might be that the two episodes I watched was all about setting up the dynamics and the other episodes will be more about the ad business so I will give it another chance later on because it comes highly recommended. I can see it's richly filmed with beautiful sets and critically acclaimed and I do really want to love it.

My posts have been sporadic lately for two reasons. One I found the streaming site and I'm catching up on season after season of excellent TV programming. Also, tendinitis is killing me so I'm giving my wrists and shoulders a break while catching up on TV. I hate complaining. That is all. Also, I love bugles. They're smaller than they used to be, I remember sticking one on the end of each finger and pretending I was an evil villainess but I can't do that anymore.

13 comments:

kuschk said...

Ahh, Bugles. Those bring back memories. A criminally underrated snack food. I probably haven't had them in almost a decade. Don't know why.

Frimmy said...

How are things with the Basement Geographer?

Anonymous said...

My dad told me to not even watch madmen...said it would make me angry.

Ann

Frimmy said...

I wonder what he thought would make you mad?

Frimmy said...

*angry

kuschk said...

Things are busy. Day job is nuts, but in a good way (trying to scan and accession a single fonds of 10,000 photos in advance of moving the archives to a brand-new building later this year). Hard to do when travelling all the time (four days in Prince George and another in Vernon last week) plus there's always new photos coming in. Should be able to get back to task this week, though.

As for the actual Basement Geographer website, if you're missing your fix, then good news - right when I was about to commence the new project that I was going to start work on when I got back from Prince George, a number of people around me have suggested that perhaps I should take what I was going to do with another site and instead apply those renovations to TBG (whose visitor stats continue to blow my mind even though I haven't touched it for three weeks). I even had one of my friends, who's the chief tech guy for a decently prominent travel network, offer to rebuild it with me pro bono. I couldn't say no. It'll take me a couple months to reformat 500-plus articles, but I would imagine sometime in the late spring/early summer it will return bigger and badder then ever as its bona fide stand-alone site rather than just a Blogger account. So that's the new project now!

Frimmy said...

One of the best things in life is being busy doing what you love and Basement Geographer coming back? That is the best news! Also exciting for you too. I look forward to the new design. I've come back to check back articles and gotten my fix that way but I've been rationing myself. Thanks for the update. :)

Anonymous said...

He said the way the women were treated would make me crazy and hate the show so I've never watched an episode yet.

Your post on the artist painting the goldfish in resin has compelled me to buy an aquarium and buy a few fancy goldfish. LOL...I am slowly accumulating a small zoo over here.

Ann

Anonymous said...

Mad Men may need time to grow on you. Or you may always not like it. It's got a kind of mid-tempo jazzy rhythm to it that's not everyone's cup of tea. It gets away with portraying all that nasty behavior because it shows how absurd and sad those people are. Everything that happens is vaguely funny and vaguely horrifying.

Frimmy said...

Sorry Crabbie, I was deleting spam comments and your "that was me" got trashed by accident because I'm on my phone and touch screens hate me.

Frimmy said...

Also, vaguely amused and horrified is exactly what I felt. But the way it's filmed, the ambience, is seductive. I can see that.

kuschk said...

Doing some housesitting for a friend this weekend. I came to the house this morning, and waiting for me along with a note? A giant pack of Bugles! I immediately thought of this post.

Frimmy said...

I love bugles. That is all I need to be happy. Well, maybe a slinky and an Internet connection. But that's all.

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.