Non-Computer Issue

RIP,  my pretty

My computer, bless its ancient CPU, is fine. It was my video card that was the problem. 

I installed the new, less beautiful video card, with zero problems because it couldn't be easier, truly. It was getting the computer to navigate successfully to download the driver I needed to run the new video card. That's what took two days because everything was...so....slow.

So computer is fine. New video card works adequately and I'm back.

However...because I was forced to consider the possibility of replacing my computer, I started looking at what is out there. And, like the Borg encountering the Enterprise when Q sent them into the Delta quadrant on a whim, I know now know what IS out there and, like the human race according to the Borg, it is worth assimilating into my current bouquet of computer components. The tower - and everything within its cold black case - being the most elderly of the bunch. I'll be coming for one of those computers one day soon. 


4 comments:

Noelle said...

It's almost more fun to shop than to buy it's a little mind blowing.

Angie said...

You are still loving the desktop, I take it. You must have a kickass chair to sit in. I can't give up my recliner, so it's a laptop all the way for me.

iambriezy said...

"And, like the Borg encountering the Enterprise when Q sent them into the Delta quadrant on a whim, I know now know what IS out there and, like the human race according to the Borg, it is worth assimilating into my current bouquet of computer components."

This is the Frimmiest sentence I've ever read.

Frimmy said...

I hope that's a good thing.

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.