Google Doodle - Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, May 4, 2014



Audrey Hepburn died January 20, 1993, in Tolochenaz, Switzerland. She was 63 years old. No question she was a quality person, I read her biography, I've seen her movies. She was beautiful. She ate tulip bulbs during the war. She studied ballet dancing. She worked to support the Dutch resistance during WWII raising money by ballet performances and acting as a courier. She was a humanitarian. She was worthy of admiration.

What difference does it make if she would have been 85 today, she's dead and she isn't 85. These things creep me out. Like we're tallying someone's years of life long after they cease to live. She would have been 85, yes, but she's not alive so...why do we need to know this? I know I see things pragmatically and I think I sound harsh, I don't mean to, but I truly don't understand this thing we do. What am I missing?

Now that's what I call beautiful!

1 comments:

Noelle said...

I don't get it either. It's kind of morbid.